Conferences and Lectures
- During the first quarter of each academic year, the faculty presents a basic lecture series intended to provide first year fellows critical clinical knowledge. Topics include hematologic and oncologic emergencies, transfusion therapies, pain management, overview of general oncology, and basic principles of chemotherapy.
- Grand Rounds are held every Tuesday mornings either at UCLA-Olive View or Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
- Multidisciplinary Tumor Board is held every Thursday afternoon at UCLA-Olive View Medical Center.
- The Core Curriculum Conference is a roundtable discussion of over 150+ core topics in hematology and oncology that fellows are expected to master by the end of their fellowship training. Fellows are assigned journal articles, case reports, review articles, and textbook chapters on the various topics, and conferences are led by a fellow and an attending. This conference is held every Tuesday either at UCLA-Olive View or Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
- The following are additional conferences / lectures that are scheduled throughout the year:
- Journal Club
- Fellows Talk
- Performance Improvement
- Leukemia/Lymphoma Conference
- Multidisciplinary Breast Conference
- Multidisciplinary Thoracic Conference
- Oncofertility Conference
- Research Presentations
Research Fellows are expected to engage in scholarly research throughout their fellowship and will have dedicated research time allocated throughout their training. Mentors are assigned and research opportunities are available at both UCLA-Olive View and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. See what research our current fellows are participating in.